Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
One so-called movie production method is causing a lot of concern for folks.
According to TMZ, the upcoming movie Good Boys is using makeup to darken a stand-in child actor’s face. The comedy, which is produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, stars Keith L. Williams who is Black. However, his stand-in is said to be a light-skinned Black kid who is slimmer than him.
So not only are they darkening the stand-in’s skin, but sources say he’s also being put in a fat suit and an afro wig. TMZ was able to secure a photo of the stand-in during a break time on the Vancouver set. You can check it out for yourself here.
Follow Us On Twitter: Follow @1053rnb
Sources connected to the movie’s production company, Good Universe, say it’s common to match actors’ skin tones for the sake of lighting purposes. They say this is not a blackface situation.
However, other film industry sources told TMZ rather than using makeup, casting directors usually try to hire stand-ins who match the actor’s complexion and body type.
Either way, someone on the Good Boys set wasn’t happy. They filed a complaint and now the production company is looking into the situation.
What do you think of these “production methods.” Movie magic, or you call blackface?!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Let us know on Twitter and Facebook!
- “The Lion King” Hits Theaters This Weekend!
- It’s An “Experience To Remember Winning Weekend!”
- Total Switch: Damson Idris Goes From L.A. Dealer In ‘Snowfall’ To Black-Hating Skinhead In ‘Farming’ Trailer
- Stopping Violence with Love in the Streets
- Connecting Minority-Owned Businesses with Corporate Partners
- SOJI: Meet The Notorious Nigerian Musicians Helping Beyonce Bring ‘Lion King’ Album To Life
- A$AP Rocky Still Being Held In Sweden Prison And Is Facing Possible Indictment
- After Nearly Five Years, Chicago Finally Fires Four For Cops Who Reportedly Covered Up LaQuan McDonald Shooting
- Eddie Murphy Says Sammy Davis Jr, Revealed He Worshipped The Devil
- WHY? Man Uses Bare Feet To Operate On-Flight Video Screen, Internet Collectively Fries Him
Whaaa? Child Actor Is Put In Blackface In Upcoming Seth Rogen-Produced Movie was originally published on globalgrind.com