Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
One so-called movie production method is causing a lot of concern for folks.
According to TMZ, the upcoming movie Good Boys is using makeup to darken a stand-in child actor’s face. The comedy, which is produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, stars Keith L. Williams who is Black. However, his stand-in is said to be a light-skinned Black kid who is slimmer than him.
So not only are they darkening the stand-in’s skin, but sources say he’s also being put in a fat suit and an afro wig. TMZ was able to secure a photo of the stand-in during a break time on the Vancouver set. You can check it out for yourself here.
Follow Us On Twitter: Follow @1053rnb
Sources connected to the movie’s production company, Good Universe, say it’s common to match actors’ skin tones for the sake of lighting purposes. They say this is not a blackface situation.
However, other film industry sources told TMZ rather than using makeup, casting directors usually try to hire stand-ins who match the actor’s complexion and body type.
Either way, someone on the Good Boys set wasn’t happy. They filed a complaint and now the production company is looking into the situation.
What do you think of these “production methods.” Movie magic, or you call blackface?!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Let us know on Twitter and Facebook!
- It’s About Time To Win Some “Queen City Music Fest” Tickets!
- The Panthers Pull Out A Victory Over The Bengals 31-21!!!
- Tamar Wasn’t The Only One Who Walked Out Of The Intervention…Iyanla Left Too
- Bill Cosby Might Be In Prison On Monday
- It’s A “Queen City Music Fest” Winning Weekend!!!
- Suge Knight Comes To A Deal Accepting 28 Years In Prison
- I Wore Shorts For The First Time In 10 Years And No One Died
- Will Smith Makes Stand-Up Comedy Debut Opening Up For Dave Chappelle [PHOTO]
- J. Cole’s Dreamville Foundation Launches Hurricane Relief Fund
- Using Exercise to Combat Anxiety and Depression
Whaaa? Child Actor Is Put In Blackface In Upcoming Seth Rogen-Produced Movie was originally published on globalgrind.com