Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
One so-called movie production method is causing a lot of concern for folks.
According to TMZ, the upcoming movie Good Boys is using makeup to darken a stand-in child actor’s face. The comedy, which is produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, stars Keith L. Williams who is Black. However, his stand-in is said to be a light-skinned Black kid who is slimmer than him.
So not only are they darkening the stand-in’s skin, but sources say he’s also being put in a fat suit and an afro wig. TMZ was able to secure a photo of the stand-in during a break time on the Vancouver set. You can check it out for yourself here.
Follow Us On Twitter: Follow @1053rnb
Sources connected to the movie’s production company, Good Universe, say it’s common to match actors’ skin tones for the sake of lighting purposes. They say this is not a blackface situation.
However, other film industry sources told TMZ rather than using makeup, casting directors usually try to hire stand-ins who match the actor’s complexion and body type.
Either way, someone on the Good Boys set wasn’t happy. They filed a complaint and now the production company is looking into the situation.
What do you think of these “production methods.” Movie magic, or you call blackface?!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Let us know on Twitter and Facebook!
- For Your Listening Pleasure: Jay-Z Shares ‘Songs for Survival 2’ Playlist
- Father Slams Knee-On-Neck Arrest Of His Son As Video Is Compared To George Floyd
- What Is Lil Wayne’s Best Mixtape? [POLL]
- George Floyd Memorial Service (Watch Live)
- Cop’s ‘Less Lethal’ Shooting Of Student Protestor Leads To ‘Brain Damage’: Everything To Know
- Full Autopsy Says George Floyd Had Tested Positive for COVID-19
- Cops Are ‘Shaking Their Heads’ At Biden As Military Leaders Distance Themselves From Trump
- Today’s Covid-19 Testing Sites In Charlotte, NC!
- Black Music Month: John P Kee Top 10 Fan Favorites and Choir Hits
- Urban One Statement: “We Will Never Stop Believing That Black Lives Matter”
Whaaa? Child Actor Is Put In Blackface In Upcoming Seth Rogen-Produced Movie was originally published on globalgrind.com