The holidays are here, meaning more shopping and higher risks for scams.
Here are some tips to spot and avoid scams while online shopping:
- Never use your debit card to make any purchases because it is connected directly to your bank account.
- Compare the cost of the product at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and/or Amazon. Price reductions that are significant indicate a scam.
- If a website prompts you to “sign in with Amazon” or reactivate your Amazon account, do not submit your Amazon or Credit Card information.
- By clicking a link, fake websites can download harmful viruses and spyware onto a computer.
- Any online store that lists the few goods it has in stock and the number of users who are currently viewing it should be avoided.