The Oakland Athletics will begin to look at the idea of possible relocation “with blessing of the Major League Baseball” following difficulties in getting a new stadium in Oakland, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports.
The A’s have played in Oakland since 1968, at the Howard Terminal site downtown. But after years of failed attempts on new stadium plans, the organization said they will start to explore relocating. The organization had asked for the city council to vote on the $12 billion mixed-use development in late July summer before they recessed.
“MLB is concerned with the rate of progress on the A’s new ballpark effort with local officials and other stakeholders in Oakland,” the league said in a statement. “The A’s have worked very hard to advance a new ballpark in downtown Oakland for the last four years, investing significant resources while facing multiple roadblocks.”
Passan mentioned six probable cities as potential locations, with Las Vegas being a favorite, where the Raiders and Las Vegas Golden Knights found success. He also reports commissioner Rob Manfred has in the past also cited Charlotte being a possibility for an expansion site, along with Portland, Oregon and Nashville, Tennessee.
The A’s are the last standing professional team in Oakland. The Golden State Warriors moved to San Fransico and The Raiders relocated in Las Vegas.
- Watch: ‘The Kardashians’ Season 3 Returns With The Truth In Teaser Trailer
- Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
- Gabi Fresh Swim x ELOQUII’s Collaboration Will Bring Out Your Inner Baddie
- New Poster Alert: Fans Are Calling ‘A Thousand And One’ “Storytelling Excellence”
- HERStory – Angela M. Blue
- HERStory – Davita Galloway
- Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
- Lizzo Is A Stylish Beach Babe In Her Latest Instagram Pic
- Shooter Dead, Several Injured in Nashville School Shooting
- Hot Spot (UPDATE): Judge Joe Brown Denies Sexual Assault Claims [LISTEN]
Oakland Athletics will start to explore possibility of relocating was originally published on wfnz.com
Kandi Respond To Critics After Saying Xscape Has Larger Fanbase Than SWV
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
New York Knicks Legend, Willis Reed Dead at 80
Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
The Internet is buzzing about Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
All In The Eyes: Fans React To “That Look” Angela Bassett Gave After Major Oscars Upset
Evelyn Lozada Is Engaged to Her ‘Queens Court’ Finalist Lavon Lewis
Black Tony Is Finally Coming To Work…At 11 O’clock [WATCH]