The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are warning US consumers to not eat romaine lettuce as it may be contaminated with E. coli.
Thirty-two people, including 12 who have been hospitalized have been infected with the outbreak strain in 11 stages. One had a life threatening form of kidney failure. People have gotten sick in California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio as well as Wisconsin.
The CDC is reporting that if you have any romaine lettuce at home, you should throw it away, even if you have eaten some and didn’t get sick like other people.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
The warning goes for all brands and types of romaine lettuce considering that no one distributor or source has been determined. Illnesses in the current outbreak started in October. It is not related to the romaine lettuce outbreak from this past summer.
According to the CDC, symptoms of E. coli infection, which usually begin about three or four days after consuming the bacteria, can include “watery or bloody diarrhea, fever, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting.” It normally takes people to see their health improve within five to seven days but this strain of E. coli has caused more severe illnesses.
- Honoring Julius Chambers for Black History Month
- Charlotte’s Expected Weather Through The Weekend
- Palisades Dead Zone Causes Concern
- Concord Resident Celebrates $150,000 Powerball Victory
- Early Onset of Allergy Season Seen Again
- Charlotte Daycare Forced to Close Following Disturbing Video
- ‘Whore’: Donald Trump Jr. Posts Misogynistic Meme Attacking Fani Willis
- ‘Dune: Part Two’ Exclusive: Timothée Chalamet & Austin Butler Talk EPIC Fight Sequence, Their ‘Dune’ Playlists, The Power Of Faith & More
- Exclusive! Watch Susan L. Taylor Discuss The National CARES Mentoring Movement With NewsOne
- Killer Mike Reflects on Grammy Wins, Family, and Future Plans
CDC Warns People Not To Eat Romaine Lettuce Admit E. Coli Concerns was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Hydeia Broadbent, World-Renowned HIV/AIDS Activist Dead at 39
Suge Knight Man Shocking Claims Against Snoop Dogg, Fans Are Investigating
West Charlotte HS Doors ‘Decorated’ With ‘Colored’ And ‘White’ Entrances For Black History Month
Usher Marries Longtime Girlfriend Jennifer Goicoechea In Vegas
Julius Peppers elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame
Cardi B and Offset’s Relationship Rollercoaster: From Breakups to Valentine’s Day Reunions