On this season of “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” Nene Leakes‘ husband Gregg Leakes is fighting colon cancer. Now it has been revealed that he has decided not to endure chemotherapy treatments.
People.com reports he had piece of his colon removed due to a stage 3 colon cancer diagnosis. Although a doctor at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston advised him to undergo chemotherapy treatments, he refused. The 63-year-old explained, “I’m deciding to really take my life and use it as a mouthpiece for other people. I just want to use my life in a way to help someone. So I can say, ‘I’m Gregg and I have cancer,’ but I will be a survivor.”
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
Nene Leakes, 50, said, “Chemo is not something that Gregg is thinking about doing at the moment. Obviously we hear all the reports of people doing chemo and being very sick. So he feels like if there’s any other options that he can take, I’d rather take those options and let chemo sit on the back burner for now.”
Imaging tests did reveal that after the surgery there was no evidence of cancer in his body. Nonetheless, the doctor strongly recommended chemotherapy so the cancer does not return.
According to BlackDoctors.org, African-Americans have a 20 percent higher risk of developing colon cancer and a 45 percent higher mortality rate.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
Prayers up for Gregg, Nene and their entire family. We hope the cancer does not return.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- Justice For Z’Kye Husain: NJ Cops Finally Settle After Viral Wrongful Arrest Of Black Teen In Mall Fight
- Darryl George To Remain On In-School Suspension For Refusing To Cut His Locs, Texas Judge Rules
- Republicans Are Counting On Racist Stereotypes To Attract Black Voters For Trump
- Brahmin X Coco Michele Collaborate For Black History Month, Celebrating Art And Blossoming Black Femininity
- When Will Judge Rule Whether Fani Willis Is Disqualified From Trump RICO Case?
- Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
- JT And Solange Knowles Had A Girls Night Out In Milan – See Pics
- Front Row Fabulous: Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, & More Sit Pretty At Prada
- Dame Dash Reveals He Declined ‘Soul Plane’ Offer Because He Was “Offended” By Its Racist Humor
- Father Of Hydeia Broadbent Launches GoFundMe Following Activist’s Death
Prayers Up: Gregg Leakes Refuses Chemotherapy Treatments For Colon Cancer was originally published on newsone.com
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Usher Marries Longtime Girlfriend Jennifer Goicoechea In Vegas
Hydeia Broadbent, World-Renowned HIV/AIDS Activist Dead at 39
Suge Knight Man Shocking Claims Against Snoop Dogg, Fans Are Investigating
Mike Epps Calls Shannon Sharpe “Madea’s Sister” Amid Beef Over ‘Club Shay Shay’ Invite
Russell Simmons Sued Over Alleged Sexual Assault Of Music Exec
Usher Announces ‘Past Present Future’ Tour + A Playlist Of His Biggest Hits
West Charlotte HS Doors ‘Decorated’ With ‘Colored’ And ‘White’ Entrances For Black History Month