Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
A nail salon in Brooklyn is catching major heat after a video online has gone viral.
At New Red Apple Nail in East Flatbush, a Black woman is caught on camera being hit with a broom by another woman in a black shirt.
The Black woman being hit eventually walks out of the salon, while employees in smocks surround two other Black women in the corner. The groups yell at each other, and one employee even throws liquid at the Black women. You can watch the video for yourself here.
Follow Us On Twitter: Follow @1053rnb
According to Pix 11, the whole incident occurred because a grandmother was dissatisfied with her eyebrow work and refused to pay the salon.
The recording of the incident went up on Friday on Facebook and eventually gained over 700,000 views. Protesters started gathering around the nail salon on Monday demanding the business be closed and locals take their money elsewhere. Chants of “black dollars matter” were shouted amongst gatherers.
Activist Jasmine Johnson says the liquid thrown in the video was acetone, the primary ingredient in nail polish remover.
“So because she did not want to pay the $5 for her messed-up eyebrows, they attacked this grandmother and her two granddaughters with sticks, threw acetone on them and then called the police on them,” Johnson said.
You can peep her commentary on the event and the protest below.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Police said Monday that two arrests have been made.
Huiyue Zhing, an employee, faces charges of misdemeanor menacing, misdemeanor criminal possession of a weapon and harassment. She allegedly was the one who beat customer Christina Thomas with a broom, resulting in a laceration to Thomas’ neck and an injury to her back.
Thomas also faces charges including misdemeanor assault, misdemeanor menacing and harassment. She allegedly punched and slapped someone, dragging them over the floor.
Zhing was hospitalized with injuries to her face and body, while Thomas refused medical treatment, according to the police.
Since the fight, hundreds of negative reviews have hit the salon’s Yelp page. We’ll continue to keep you updated if any major updates should surface.
- It’s About Time To Win Some “Queen City Music Fest” Tickets!
- The Panthers Pull Out A Victory Over The Bengals 31-21!!!
- Tamar Wasn’t The Only One Who Walked Out Of The Intervention…Iyanla Left Too
- Bill Cosby Might Be In Prison On Monday
- It’s A “Queen City Music Fest” Winning Weekend!!!
- Suge Knight Comes To A Deal Accepting 28 Years In Prison
- I Wore Shorts For The First Time In 10 Years And No One Died
- Will Smith Makes Stand-Up Comedy Debut Opening Up For Dave Chappelle [PHOTO]
- J. Cole’s Dreamville Foundation Launches Hurricane Relief Fund
- Using Exercise to Combat Anxiety and Depression
Viral Clip Of Black Woman Being Beat With Broom At Nail Salon Sparks Protest was originally published on globalgrind.com