(Gray News) – It was a memorable season premiere for the PBS Kids TV series “Arthur.”
The animated children’s show not only kicked off its 22nd season this week, but Arthur’s teacher came out as gay in the episode “Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone.”
In the episode, Mr. Ratburn marries another male character.
Ahead of the nuptials, the kids are a bit surprised to learn that their teacher is getting married and speculate on who it might be.
“Who is Mr. Ratburn marrying?” Muffy asks.
As the couple walks down the aisle, the secret is revealed, and his students are all smiles.
READ MORE: Cleveland19.com
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of Bill Clark and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of NBC and Getty Images
Tweet and Video Courtesy of PBS, Twitter, and WOIO 19 News Cleveland
Out Of The Closet: 24 Gay Black Celebrities
1. 14249758202245Source: 1 of 10
2. Djuan TrentSource: 2 of 10
3. Robin RobertsSource: 3 of 10
4. Michael SamSource: 4 of 10
5. Mister CeeSource: 5 of 10
6. Wanda SykesSource: 6 of 10
7. Le1fSource: 7 of 10
8. Tracy ChapmanSource: 8 of 10
9. Alice WalkerSource: 9 of 10
10. Rebecca WalkerSource: 10 of 10
PBS’ ‘Arthur’ Has Teacher Mr. Ratburn Marrying His Husband was originally published on wzakcleveland.com