Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
The veteran who launched a GoFundMe to build Donald Trump’s border wall is ending his campaign.
With the government currently in the midst of a 21-day shutdown, Brian Kolfage said he’s going to build the wall himself. He’s received $20 million in donations but all of those donations are going back because according to GoFundMe, Kolfage broke the original promise of the fundraiser.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
“When I created this fundraiser, I said if we did not reach our goal we will refund donors,” Brian Kolfage said in a statement posted to the GoFundMe page. “I am honoring that commitment today. We will promptly refund your donation unless you tell us you approve our new plan for action.”
According to a spokesman for GoFundMe, “If a donor does not want a refund, they must proactively elect to redirect their donation to that organization. If they do not take that step, they will automatically receive a full refund.”
The GoFundMe had garnered attention over the past few weeks since it was announced, steadily climbing in the amount of donations. More than 330,000 people donated to the wall with some anonymous donor putting in $50,000.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- Jussie Smollett’s Older Brother Breaks His Silence In Powerful Essay
- Dave East Becomes Music Critic & Chrissy Teigen Defends Her Throne: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Girl Scouts Offer More than Cookies
- The “2019 NBA Playoffs” Continue Tonight!
- Michelle Obama Praises Beyonce For ‘Homecoming’ Doc: ‘Girl, You Make Me So Proud’
- Donald Glover Teams Up With Adidas For A New Line Of Kicks!
- Violent Thug George Zimmerman Is On A Dating App With A Fake Name
- America Speaks: Folks Make Fun Of The HEAVILY Redacted Mueller Report With Spot-On Parodies
- Court Dismisses Charge Against Parolee Wounded In Nipsey Hussle Shooting
- These Jokes Write Themselves: Lil Yachty Revealed Just How Much Of “Act Up” He Wrote For The City Girls
Border Wall GoFundMe To Refund Money After Falling Short Of $1 Billion Goal was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com