Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
The veteran who launched a GoFundMe to build Donald Trump’s border wall is ending his campaign.
With the government currently in the midst of a 21-day shutdown, Brian Kolfage said he’s going to build the wall himself. He’s received $20 million in donations but all of those donations are going back because according to GoFundMe, Kolfage broke the original promise of the fundraiser.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
“When I created this fundraiser, I said if we did not reach our goal we will refund donors,” Brian Kolfage said in a statement posted to the GoFundMe page. “I am honoring that commitment today. We will promptly refund your donation unless you tell us you approve our new plan for action.”
According to a spokesman for GoFundMe, “If a donor does not want a refund, they must proactively elect to redirect their donation to that organization. If they do not take that step, they will automatically receive a full refund.”
The GoFundMe had garnered attention over the past few weeks since it was announced, steadily climbing in the amount of donations. More than 330,000 people donated to the wall with some anonymous donor putting in $50,000.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead at 97
- Rihanna Suing Her Dad, Kanye’s Cousin Stealing His Laptop, & More Celebs Who’ve Been Through Some Ugly Family Feuds
- Report: Travis Scott Consulted With Colin Kaepernick About His Super Bowl LIII Halftime Gig
- Mainstream Media Needs To Figure Out How To Call Racists Racist
- Shaun King: The 2020 Presidential Election Is Closer Than You Think
- Black Girl Problems: You Over Spent During The Holidays…Now What?
- Inside Her Story: The Psychology Of R. Kelly Supporters
- Khaled Joining Cast Of “Bad Boys For Life!”
- Rob Kardashian Claims He Needed Protection From Ex!
- Happy Founders Day “Alpha Kappa Alpha” Ladies!
Border Wall GoFundMe To Refund Money After Falling Short Of $1 Billion Goal was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com