Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
Terrell Owens is not one to ever mince words when he wants to speak on something. Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones made it very clear his players will have to stand for the anthem during the 2018 season. Owen’s called his former boss a “bully” for his stance on the matter.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘oldschool1053’
Owen’s joined the likes of Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Malcolm Jenkins. In an interview with Zack Rosenblatt of NJ.com, Jenkins also called the famed NFL owner a “bully” and declared he would never play for the Cowboys after ESPN’s Todd Archer reported Jones stance on the anthem. The Hall of Fame wide receiver spoke with Fox Sports Radio, Owens had this to say on the matter:
“(Jerry Jones) Is being a bully. You’re basically stripping someone of their right to do what they want to in a peaceful protest… To put guys in a situation where they have to do something, that’s not right. That’s totally wrong.”
Despite public outcry to Mr. Jones stance, his players are standing by his side. Speaking to Stefan Stevenson of the Star-Telegram, franchise QB, Dak Prescott feels that NFL games are not “the time or venue” to protest. Running back Ezekiel Elliott followed his quarterback by stating to Clarence Hill Jr of the Star-Telegram that team “chose to stand together for the anthem.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Despite playing for the Cowboys, Owens and Jones’ relationship isn’t all that great. Things went south when T.O. revealed the owner “blindsided” him when he cut him by writing a message on a tablecloth. Jones also feels the retired receiver’s decision not to attend his Hall of Fame of induction ceremony in protest is a “mistake.” With this latest revelation and the current political climate of the country we can truly say now more than ever that the Dallas Cowboys are indeed “America’s team.”
- CLT Airport Expects 30,000 Passengers Daily Through Memorial Day
- Memorial Day Weekend Events in the Charlotte Area
- Texas Shooter’s Mom Says Son Is “Not A Monster” But Can Be “Aggressive”
- Celebration In Order: Release Date For ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 3 Announced
- ‘All He Had To Do Was Comply’: Houston Police Union Justifies Cop Fatally Shooting Jalen Randle In The Back Of His Neck
- ‘Martin’ Reunion Locks In Date On BET+ This June
- Mass Shooting Crisis: Everything We Know Now About The Uvalde Mass Shooting [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Martin Reunion Is Coming To BET + Is Bel-Air Series Canceled Because Of Will Smith? [WATCH]
- The Beat Is Mine: Brandy Teaches Jack Harlow A ‘First Class’ Lesson In New Freestyle
- ‘Goodfellas’ Star Ray Liotta Has Died At 67
Terrell Owens Is The Latest To Sound Off On Jerry Jones, Calls The Cowboys Owner A “Bully” was originally published on cassiuslife.com