Whether you call him His Airness, The Goat, or just Michael Jordan, the greatest to do it is finally getting his own ESPN 30 for 30 documentary.
Want the latest news and gossip at your fingertips? Text NC to 71007 to join our text club!
ESPN’s series has been responsible for telling, exposing, and reliving countless sports stories, and now the tale of one of the greatest athletes ever will hit the screen. Today (May 15), ESPN announced a joint production with Netflix called The Last Dance. And it won’t just be a typical 90-minute show—get ready for a 10-part documentary. It’ll chronicle Jordan’s dynasty with the Chicago Bulls and will be directed by Jason Hehir, who was also behind 30 for 30 specials The Fab Five and The ’85 Bears, and HBO’s Andre the Giant documentary.
With a career as heavily documented as Jordan’s, the documentary will draw from over 500 hours of never-before-seen footage from the dynasty’s last championship run in the 1997-98 season.
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘oldschool1053’
His story is well-known—he went from being cut from the Laney High School varsity basketball team as a sophomore to making a name for himself at UNC when he hit a game-winning jumper to defeat Patrick Ewing’s Georgetown Hoyas and win the 1982 NCAA championship. Not a one and done, Jordan stayed at UNC for three years before being chosen third overall in the 1984 draft by the Bulls. The following year, the Jordan 1 was introduced, and the rest of Jordan’s influence and greatness is history.
30 for 30’s Twitter account announced the news Tuesday morning, alongside a promo video.
“I want you to feel what I feel. I want you to feel the tears that I felt when I won the first one. Those tears and that pain—and I wanted that feeling at the end of every year, and that’s hard. It’s like a dependency. It’s always going to be a part of you,” narrates Jordan as a slew of nostalgic championship winning footage plays, before showing that the series will debut next year.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
It’s safe to say that 2019 can’t come soon enough.
- Youth Justice Advocacy Group Fights To Keep Incarcerated Teens Out Of Louisiana’s Infamous Angola Prison
- UNC Charlotte Students Placed in Hotels Amid Housing Issues
- China Discovers New ‘Langya’ Virus
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s ‘Irv Gotti Gotta Let Go’ | Episode 80
- Frank Gore Dragged Naked Woman By Hair In Atlantic City Hotel: Report
- I Don’t Know Her: Taylor Swift Denies Knowing 3LW And Their Hit Song At Center Of “Shake It Off” Lawsuit
- Watch The Oppenheim Group Expand In The Trailer For Netflix’s ‘Selling the OC’
- Republican Group Launches Attack Ad On Herschel Walker, Who Somehow Blames Raphael Warnock
- What’s Trending: With November Elections Only 3 Months Away, What Politics Concerns Do You Have?
- Gary’s Tea: Judge Mathis Says Ashanti Should Take Legal Action Against Irv Gotti [WATCH]
ESPN Teams Up With Netflix For 10-Part Documentary On Michael Jordan was originally published on cassiuslife.com