Wendy Williams found herself in the hot seat after questioning the Clark Sisters’ accomplishments while talking about their feature on Snoop Dogg’s gospel album that went no. 1 on the charts (see video below).
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘oldschool1053’
“If I were the Clark Sisters, would I be mad that Snoop got no. 1? You know the Clark Sisters, they’ve been doing gospel forever. Have they gotten to no. 1,” she said. “Step up your game.”
Church folks, fans and other gospel stars quickly corrected her – in the name of Jesus.
Karen Clark Sheard’s daughter, Kierra, specifically pointed out: “These women have done more than number 1 on the charts. Their lives have matched what they sing about,” she said. “Somehow they’ve managed to sing about Jesus in one of the smallest, but most effective genres of music, have influenced masses and influenced those who influence the masses. In addition, they’ve managed to take their message to some of the world’s most biggest platforms and their message still translates through generations. Not to mention those they’ve mentored and managed to genuinely pray and show concern for you when YOU passed out, while the world waited for your demise.”
The Clark Sisters’ career extends 50 years full of Grammys, Stellars, Dove and more awards for music in which they’ve sold millions of and topped charts.
Here’s the video that pushed a few people’s buttons…
And here’s how they reacted…
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Clemson University ‘Affirmative Action Bake Sale’ Cookie Prices Based On The Buyer’s Race
- New Bill Would Allow Inmates To Donate Their Organs For Reduced Sentences
- Is It Time To Rethink Police Traffic Stops?
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- White History Month Is Trending On Twitter Because…Of Course It Is!
- Legend Making Legends: John Singleton Empowered Ice Cube So He Could Do The Same For Others
- What Role Did The Black Church Play In American Political History?
- Urban One Inc’s Reach Media Announces R&B Superstar Ralph Tresvant of New Edition as Host of “Love and R&B”
- Tone-Deaf Miami Cops Unveil Black History Month-Themed Police Car
- Black Caucus Meets With White House On Police Reform In Wake Of Tyre Nichols Murder
Wendy Williams Shades The Clark Sisters, The Gospel Community Responds [VIDEO] was originally published on praisebaltimore.com