Wendy Williams found herself in the hot seat after questioning the Clark Sisters’ accomplishments while talking about their feature on Snoop Dogg’s gospel album that went no. 1 on the charts (see video below).
Follow Us On Twitter: The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘oldschool1053’
“If I were the Clark Sisters, would I be mad that Snoop got no. 1? You know the Clark Sisters, they’ve been doing gospel forever. Have they gotten to no. 1,” she said. “Step up your game.”
Church folks, fans and other gospel stars quickly corrected her – in the name of Jesus.
Karen Clark Sheard’s daughter, Kierra, specifically pointed out: “These women have done more than number 1 on the charts. Their lives have matched what they sing about,” she said. “Somehow they’ve managed to sing about Jesus in one of the smallest, but most effective genres of music, have influenced masses and influenced those who influence the masses. In addition, they’ve managed to take their message to some of the world’s most biggest platforms and their message still translates through generations. Not to mention those they’ve mentored and managed to genuinely pray and show concern for you when YOU passed out, while the world waited for your demise.”
The Clark Sisters’ career extends 50 years full of Grammys, Stellars, Dove and more awards for music in which they’ve sold millions of and topped charts.
Here’s the video that pushed a few people’s buttons…
And here’s how they reacted…
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- No Man Can Turn This Down: Legendary Rom-Com ‘Boomerang’ Was Released 30 Years Ago Today
- Tantrums, Violence And Witness Intimidation: Trump Described Like Childish Mafia Boss In Jan. 6 Hearing
- Fire It Up! Da Brat Celebrates 28th Anniversary Of Debut Album ‘Funkdafied’
- Florida Bans Cars Playing Loud Music 10 Years After Jordan Davis’ Murder
- Gary’s Tea: Is Wendy Williams Leaving TV? [WATCH]
- Yunetta Springs Gives Tips To Tap Into Your Authentic Self [WATCH]
- How You Doing?! Wendy Williams Is Transitioning & Launching Her Own Podcast
- Black Woman Allowed To Sue Harvard For Using Pics Of Her Ancestors On Book Cover
- What Is The Biden Administration Doing To Free Brittney Griner?
- Watch: A Viral TikTok Video Shares The Pressure Tactics Buyers Are Using Against Black Homeowners
Wendy Williams Shades The Clark Sisters, The Gospel Community Responds [VIDEO] was originally published on praisebaltimore.com