Macy’s and JC Penney are facing changing times. The retail giants will begin restructuring their stores relatively soon.
Macy’s has been embracing new services for shoppers looking for more convenience. Last fall, it began testing same-day delivery of products purchased at Macy’s.com and Bloomingdales.com in eight major U.S. markets. It also offers shoppers the opportunity to order online and pick up the merchandise at the stores. It’s also launched new mobile shopping aps heading into the holiday season.
“We must continue to invest in our business to focus on where the customer is headed — to prepare for what’s next,” said Terry J. Lundgren, Macy’s chairman and CEO in a statement.
The retailer said Thursday it will also close 14 department stores but open two new locations, resulting in annual savings of roughly $140 million. Macy’s says it plans to reinvest those savings into its business.
It says its overall workforce of about 175,000 will remain level as it lays off about 2,200 workers nationwide but picks up staffing in other areas. For example, Macy’s is expected to expand its San Francisco online division by hiring more than 150 workers.
JC Penney has opted to close stores.J.C. Penney Co. said will close about 40 stores this year and cut about 2,250 jobs.
Here is a list of the JC Penney stores that will close:
- Gwinnett Place Mall in Duluth
- LaGrange Mall in LaGrange
- Walnut Square Mall in Dalton
- Crossroads Shopping Center in Waterloo
- Southbridge Mall in Mason City
- Westland Mall in West Burlington
- Northland Plaza in DeKalb
- Quincy Mall in Quincy
- Marquette Mall in Michigan City
- Hanover Mall in Hanover
- Silver City Galleria in Taunton
- Adrian South Mall in Adrian
- Cumberland Mall in Vineland
- Hudson Valley Mall in Kingston
- Parkwood Mall in Wilson
- Randolph Mall in Asheboro
- Signal Hill Mall in Statesville
- Southgate Mall in Elizabeth City
- Eastland Mall in Columbus
- North Towne Plaza in Greenville
- Upper Valley Mall in Springfield
- Pony Village Mall in North Bend
JC Penney Store List Continues on Next page
Macy’s And JC Penney Restructure And Will Close Stores was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com