Dr. Dre is joining the billionaire’s club! According to reports, the rapper and mega music producer is in the final steps of closing a deal with Apple to sale his Beats Electronics brand.
Sources say Apple is snatching up the company that brought us Beats By Dre for a whopping $3.2 billion! “Since Dre and Interscope honcho Jimmy Iovine created the brand … it’s a safe bet they will walk away with a huge chunk of that cash,” TMZ repots. “Dre and Jimmy created the brand back in 2008 with headphones — but now they’re also making bank off speakers, car audio systems, and a streaming service.”
The deal, which is on its way to becoming Apple’s biggest acquisition yet, is expected to close next week.
As we reported earlier, the headphone connoisseur landed at No. 2 on Forbes wealthiest artists in hip-hop list last month. Coming in second to Diddy, Dre’s net worth was estimated at $550 million.
Somebody pop the bubbly!
Check Out This Gallery
The Sweeter The Juice: Billionaires Who Love Black Women!
1. For The Love Of Money1 of 12
2. Eve With Husband, Maximillion Cooper2 of 12
3. Mellody Hobson WIth Hubby, George Lucas3 of 12
4. Janet Jackson With Hubby, Wissam Al Mana4 of 12
5. Beyonce With Hubby, Jay Z5 of 12
6. Naomi Campbell With Controverisial Ex, Vladimir Doronin6 of 12
7. Kelly Rowland With Old Flame Sir Richard Branson7 of 12
8. Iman With Hubby, David Bowie8 of 12
9. Angela Howard With Hubby, Matt Stone9 of 12
10. Grace Hightower With Hubby, Robert De Niro10 of 12
11. Patrice Motsepe WIth Hubby Dr. Precious Moloi Motsepe11 of 12
12. Sheila and Bob Johnson12 of 12
Billionaire Status! Dr. Dre Is Selling Beats To Apple For $3.2 Billion was originally published on hellobeautiful.com