Cooling stations are currently open around Mecklenburg County to help residents beat the heat.
According to the county, the plan is to keep the cooling stations open at least through Friday, July 8.
The cooling stations were open due to a continuous Heat Advisory for the Charlotte area.
Cooling Station Locations:
- Roof Above: Day Services Center
- Location: 945 N. College St.
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday – Friday; 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
- Park and Recreation – Spray Grounds
- Clarks Creek Community Park – 5435 Hucks Road
- Captain Jack, Elizabeth Park – 1100 E. Trade St.
- Cordelia Park – 600 E. 24th St.
- First Ward Park – 309 E. Seventh St.
- Latta Park – 601 East Park Ave.
- Nevin Park – 6100 Statesville Rd.
- Romare Bearden Park – 300 S. Church St.
- West Charlotte Recreation Center – 2401 Kendall Drive
- Veterans Park – 2136 Central Ave.
- Time: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Park and Recreation – Pools
- Double Oaks Family Aquatic Center – 2014 Statesville Ave.
- Cordelia Pool -2100 N. Davidson Street
- Double Oaks Family Aquatic Center – 12 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Cordelia Pool – 2 to 6 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Park and Recreation – Centers
- Bette Rae Thomas, 2921 Tuckaseegee Road
- David B. Waymer, 14008 Holbrooks Road
- Eastway Regional, 3150 Eastway Park Drive
- Mallard Creek, 2530 Johnston Oehler Road
- Ivory/Baker, 1920 Stroud Park Court
- Northern Regional Recreation Center 18121 Old Statesville Rd. Cornelius
- Revolution Park Sports Academy, 1225 Remount Road
- Tyvola Senior Center, 2225 Tyvola Road