By next spring, all of Cedar Fair’s parks will go cashless, a representative confirmed. He said that cashless transactions are safer, faster and more secure for customers. The park also benefits by not having to pay for armored cars to transport currency, and the park will be able to divert labor spent counting cash towards other operations. It is also becoming more difficult to locate coins, the park representative said.
Now, for those who are not able to carry credit or debit cards will be able to turn cash into prepaid debit cards at kiosks that are going to be installed at the park.
The future is arriving at Cedar Point and it does not look like cash will be involved.
On the other hand, more people are carrying cards as opposed to cash.
1. Mo'Nique and Rickey Reflect On Their Time In The Comedy
1 of 20
2. Chris Tucker Explains Why He Came Back To Hollywood
2 of 20
3. A New, Improved Gucci Mane Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
3 of 20
4. Katt Williams Comes Clean About His Troubles
4 of 20
5. Kevin Hart Starts A Roasting Session
5 of 20
6. K-Ci and Jo Jo Perform "Life" And "If You Think You're Lonely Now"
6 of 20
7. Michelle Obama Talks About Her Book
7 of 20
8. Fellow Radio Personality D.L. Hughley Catches Up With Tom Joyner
8 of 20
9. Joseline Hernandez Sets The Record Straight
9 of 20
10. George Wallace Comes With ALL The Jokes
10 of 20
11. Bruce Bruce Shares A Hilarious Story About His Wife
11 of 20
12. Trey Songz Talks About Wanting A Family
12 of 20
13. Mike Epps And Rickey Smiley's Touching Reunion
13 of 20
14. Earthquake Shares His Thoughts On Women And Dating
14 of 20
15. Snoop Dogg Has Heartfelt Moment After Loss Of Kobe Bryant
15 of 20
16. Cedric The Entertainer Catches Up With The Fly Jock
16 of 20
17. Kanye West Shares His Future Dreams
17 of 20
18. Kenny Lattimore Gets Real About His Split With Chante Moore
18 of 20
19. TI Drops In On The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
19 of 20
20. KeKe Wyatt Performs "If You Only Knew"
20 of 20
Continue reading Radio Legends: Classic Interviews By Rickey Smiley & Tom Joyner
Radio Legends: Classic Interviews By Rickey Smiley & Tom Joyner
[caption id="attachment_4165878" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Source: Radio One Digital / Radio One Digital[/caption]
National Radio Day (August 20) has been celebrated since the 1990s as a means to highlight the invention of radio and its cultural impact on society. As the first device that allowed mass communication through public airwaves, radio has - and still is - used to share news, music, humor and conversations of common interests to people of various backgrounds around the world.
This year, we look back at top media personalities who have pushed radio culture forward, and invite you to revisit a few moments that remind us all how much the platform has become a part of our daily lives.
|| RELATED: Radio Legends: Classic Interviews By Russ Parr & Donnie Simpson ||
With that said, we hope you enjoy the gallery below, which features some hilarious, touching and unbelievable moments from radio veterans Rickey Smiley and "The Fly Jock" himself, Mr. Tom Joyner.