The Carolina Panthers filled an immediate need with their first selection of the 2021 NFL Draft, selecting former South Carolina cornerback Jaycee Horn with the eighth overall pick.
Horn made significant strides during the offseason with his measurables at South Carolina’s pro day, surpassing both Virginia Tech’s Caleb Farley and Alabama’s Patrick Surtain II as the first cornerback off the board.
Panthers Head Coach Matt Rhule has been on record saying he likes big, physical corners with a lot of range, and with a 6-1, 205-pound frame fits that mold like a glove.
The pick didn’t come without scrutiny, however, as Carolina eschewed a chance to take QB Justin Fields, who surprisingly remained on the board with the Panthers on the clock. Given the pass on Fields, Carolina will move forward with newly acquired QB Sam Darnold as their starter heading into 2021.
- A Conversation About Affordable Homeownership with DreamKey Partners
- ‘A Different World’ 35th Anniversary: How The Iconic HBCU Sitcom Still Influences Black Culture
- New Questions Raised About Herschel Walker’s Claim Of Donating Corporate Profits To Charity
- Nick Fuentes’ Pro-Trump Video Urging A ‘White Uprising’ Reminds Us How Racists Love The GOP
- Dream Doll, Cam’ron & Baby Tate Highlight This Week’s Music Roundup
- Did You Know Jerry Springer Was Once The Mayor Of Cincinnati?
- What Brett Favre’s Welfare Scandal Means For Black People In Mississippi
- Black Tony Has A Baby On The Way?!?! [WATCH]
- Trina To Be Awarded The ‘I Am Hip Hop Award’ At The 2022 BET Hip Hop Awards
- Ben Simmons Calls Out Shaq For Leaking His DMs & Talks Championship Hopes With The Nets
- EXCLUSIVE: Roland Martin Explains White Fear & Why White People Are Losing Their Mind! [WATCH]
Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn with the #8 Overall Pick was originally published on wfnz.com