The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
The past two Oscars were hosted by Jimmy Kimmel.
Hart previously hosted the MTV Movie Awards alongside Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as the two were promoting their Central Intelligence movie. He’s been campaigning in some form or fashion to host the Oscars or at least wanting to host the Oscars since 2015. “That would be a major accomplishment. With what I’ve done and the progress I’ve made in my career,” he said. “That’s definitely the next major step, I feel, for a comedian.”
The Oscars will air live on Sunday, Feb. 24, on ABC. Peep Hart’s statement below.
View this post on Instagram
For years I have been asked if I would ever Host the Oscars and my answer was always the same…I said that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me as a comedian and that it will happen when it’s suppose to. I am so happy to say that the day has finally come for me to host the Oscars. I am blown away simply because this has been a goal on my list for a long time….To be able to join the legendary list of host that have graced that stage is unbelievable. I know my mom is smiling from ear to ear right now. I want to thank my family/friends/fans for supporting me & riding with me all this time….I will be sure to make this years Oscars a special one. I appreciate the @TheAcademy for the opportunity ….now it’s time to rise to the occasion #Oscars
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- The Hornets Face The Knicks Tonight “Live @ The HIVE!”
- Ebro Catches Heat & Issa Rae Makes Boss Moves: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- Advocates for the Disabled are making their Voices Heard
- Netflix Subscribers Furious As Streaming Service Tests New “Garbage” Instant Replay Feature
- Gospel Icon Donnie McClurkin Totaled His Car!
- Florida Just Made It Even Harder To Prosecute Cops Who Shoot Unarmed Black People
- Janet Jackson Is Going Into The Rock And Roll Hall Of FAme!
- That Time Nancy Wilson Slayed On ‘The Cosby Show’
- The Rewind: Mr. And Mrs. Smith Serve Up Hot Tea On Their Marriage