Creed II had a record-breaking opening at the box office for Thanksgiving week. From it’s first day in theaters, Nov. 21st, until now it has grossed a whopping $55 million in ticket sales, Forbes reports. This is the biggest opening for any non-Disney Disney release and a live-action release during Thanksgiving.
Creed II, which was directed by Stephen Caple, Jr., follows Adonis, Michael B. Jordan’s character, as he prepares to fight the son of the man who killed her father in 1985 and is trained by a reluctant Rocky, played by Sylvester Stallone.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
The sequel has surely outperformed it’s predecessor for it’s first weekend in theaters. Creed grossed $29 million its opening weekend. The flick also went on to gross over $109 million domestically, and since Creed II is already half-way to grossing a million it may continue to do better than the original.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Article Courtesy of MadameNoire
First Picture Courtesy of WENN
Second Picture Courtesy of Chloe Bell, Future Image, and WENN
Video Courtesy of Instagram and MadameNoire
- The Hornets Take On The Pistons Tonight!
- “The Trumpster’s” Former Lawyer Michael Cohen Sentenced Today
- Anti-Abortion Mississippi Governor Blows His Racist Dog Whistle
- We Stan: Regina King Performances You Should Watch Depending On Your Mood
- Win Tickets To See Carl Thomas Live At The Fillmore
- Guy’s Gripe: ‘You Can’t Bite My Style!’
- Black Girl Problems: How Do You Tell Your Friend She Stinks?
- Inside Her Story: This Black Woman Has A Hand In The Weed Business
- Top Of The Morning: Kym Made Up A New Word
- Racist Gun Club That Won’t Admit Black Members Is Under Fire
‘Creed II’ Grosses $55 Million During Its Opening Week was originally published on wzakcleveland.com