92-year old African American Georgia voter Christine Jordan has voted in every election since 1968. Well, November 6th 2018 that all changed when Christine went to the polls and was not only turned away, but her entire voter record couldn’t be found anywhere.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
Her granddaughter Jessica Lawrence said her grandmother was devastated that she wasn’t allowed to vote. This story comes on the heels of a lawsuit aimed at Brian Kemp stating he used his power as Secretary of State to purge 340,134 voters from the polls.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Voter suppression continues to be a problem in Georgia. There also have been other’s who claim they we not allowed to vote in Georgia.
- A Kirk Franklin Biopic Is In The Works!
- Deadly Crash Shuts Down Highway
- “Amazon Prime Day” Sets Record Numbers!
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Dear White People’ Boasts Major Guest Stars & Idris Elba Explains The Magic Of ‘Cats’
- Mississippi State House Candidate Shot Himself And Wife In Brutal Murder-Suicide
- Rising Star: 5 Facts About Emmy-Nominated ‘When They See Us’ Star Asante Blackk
- Watch The First Trailer For ‘Hustlers,’ Jennifer Lopez & Cardi B’s Strip & Steal Flick [TRAILER]
- Streets Is Done: El Chapo Sentenced To Life In Prison, Plus 30 Years
- Lauren London Ensures Son With Nipsey Hussle Inherits $1M From Estate
- Donald Glover’s Dad Passed Away While He Was Recording “The Lion King,” And This Is What He Learned
92-year Old Voter Christine Jordan Blocked From Georgia was originally published on hotspotatl.com