92-year old African American Georgia voter Christine Jordan has voted in every election since 1968. Well, November 6th 2018 that all changed when Christine went to the polls and was not only turned away, but her entire voter record couldn’t be found anywhere.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
Her granddaughter Jessica Lawrence said her grandmother was devastated that she wasn’t allowed to vote. This story comes on the heels of a lawsuit aimed at Brian Kemp stating he used his power as Secretary of State to purge 340,134 voters from the polls.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
Voter suppression continues to be a problem in Georgia. There also have been other’s who claim they we not allowed to vote in Georgia.
- Model And Actress Kim Porter Dead At 47
- Shaun King: Congress Is Becoming More Diverse
- This Quiz Will Tell You Which Michael B. Jordan Character You’ll Marry
- Huggy Lowdown: We’re Not Going To See Donald Trump For A Little While
- Remy Ma And Papoose’s ‘Grease’ Inspired Baby Shower Was So Cute! [Pictures]
- Morning Minute: It Seems Like People Get Paid To Be Racist
- President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Ramps Up With Awards, Conference
- Twitter’s Thinking About Adding An Edit Button To Fix Typos!
- Tamia’s “Leave It Smokin’ Is At #1!
- State Sen. Nikema Williams Says She Was ‘Singled Out’ For Arrest During Georgia Protest To Count Every Vote
92-year Old Voter Christine Jordan Blocked From Georgia was originally published on hotspotatl.com