Michael Jackson is still the world’s highest-earning dead celebrity.
Forbes released the information on how Jackson amassed nearly half a billion dollars in income in 2017. Thanks to the sale of his EMI Music Publishing stake along with the Michael Jackson Halloween special, his Mijac Music catalogue, the King of Pop is still creating generational wealth.
John Branca, the Jackson estate’s co-executor said, “You see Charlie Brown Christmas and Charlie Brown Thanksgiving every year, so now we’re looking to have Michael Jackson’s Halloween every year. We hope that it’ll become evergreen.”
Elvis came in at No. 2 with $40 million followed by Arnold Palmer at $35 million, Peanuts’ cartoonist Charles Schulz at no. 4 with $34 million and Bob Marley at no. 5 with $23 million.
The craziest stat? Since Jackson’s ultimately death in 2009, the King of Pop has earned over $2.4 BILLION.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- Season Finale Of “Uncensored” This Sunday On TV One With Paula Patton!
- Colin Kaepernick Had His NFL Workout Today
- Happy Birthday Miss Bonet!
- Judge Joe Brown Gives His Take On The Harriet Tubman $20 Bill
- Integrating Wellness Strategies to meet the needs of Children
- Netflix Fights Back: Response To Mo’Nique’s Lawsuit Shows Streaming Giant Isn’t Playing
- Tamela Mann Talks About Her Weight Loss Journey
- LET’S MAKEUP: Get Your Lipstick Game Ready For The Winter! Here Are 10 Colors You Need This Season
- What Year Is It?: Motorola Brings Back The Razr; Of Course, They Updated It
- After Lawsuit, Upscale New York City Salon Will Learn How To Style Black Hair After Once Banning Braids And Afros
Thriller: Michael Jackson Earned $400 Million Last Year Despite Being Dead Since 2009 was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com