Michael Jackson is still the world’s highest-earning dead celebrity.
Forbes released the information on how Jackson amassed nearly half a billion dollars in income in 2017. Thanks to the sale of his EMI Music Publishing stake along with the Michael Jackson Halloween special, his Mijac Music catalogue, the King of Pop is still creating generational wealth.
John Branca, the Jackson estate’s co-executor said, “You see Charlie Brown Christmas and Charlie Brown Thanksgiving every year, so now we’re looking to have Michael Jackson’s Halloween every year. We hope that it’ll become evergreen.”
Elvis came in at No. 2 with $40 million followed by Arnold Palmer at $35 million, Peanuts’ cartoonist Charles Schulz at no. 4 with $34 million and Bob Marley at no. 5 with $23 million.
The craziest stat? Since Jackson’s ultimately death in 2009, the King of Pop has earned over $2.4 BILLION.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- Model And Actress Kim Porter Dead At 47
- Shaun King: Congress Is Becoming More Diverse
- This Quiz Will Tell You Which Michael B. Jordan Character You’ll Marry
- Huggy Lowdown: We’re Not Going To See Donald Trump For A Little While
- Remy Ma And Papoose’s ‘Grease’ Inspired Baby Shower Was So Cute! [Pictures]
- Morning Minute: It Seems Like People Get Paid To Be Racist
- President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Ramps Up With Awards, Conference
- Twitter’s Thinking About Adding An Edit Button To Fix Typos!
- Tamia’s “Leave It Smokin’ Is At #1!
- State Sen. Nikema Williams Says She Was ‘Singled Out’ For Arrest During Georgia Protest To Count Every Vote
Thriller: Michael Jackson Earned $400 Million Last Year Despite Being Dead Since 2009 was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com