Michael Jackson is still the world’s highest-earning dead celebrity.
Forbes released the information on how Jackson amassed nearly half a billion dollars in income in 2017. Thanks to the sale of his EMI Music Publishing stake along with the Michael Jackson Halloween special, his Mijac Music catalogue, the King of Pop is still creating generational wealth.
John Branca, the Jackson estate’s co-executor said, “You see Charlie Brown Christmas and Charlie Brown Thanksgiving every year, so now we’re looking to have Michael Jackson’s Halloween every year. We hope that it’ll become evergreen.”
Elvis came in at No. 2 with $40 million followed by Arnold Palmer at $35 million, Peanuts’ cartoonist Charles Schulz at no. 4 with $34 million and Bob Marley at no. 5 with $23 million.
The craziest stat? Since Jackson’s ultimately death in 2009, the King of Pop has earned over $2.4 BILLION.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- The COVID-19 Death Toll Has Surpassed 100,000 In The United States
- One Man Dead After Citizens Begin To Riot And Loot In Minneapolis
- Wheelchair Karen Sprayed With Fire Extinguisher After Trying To Stab Protesters [Video]
- Happy Birthday To Gladys Knight!
- Atrium Health Mobile Testing Sites In Charlotte Today!
- Protestor Injured In Wild Stand-Off With Police On Los Angeles Freeway [VIDEO]
- HBO Max Has Arrived, Find Out If You’re One of The Millions Who Can Use It For Free
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Checks Atlanta Residents Who Don’t Obey COVID-19 Guidelines
- Scottsdale Mayor Furious After Pictures From A Mask Free Party Hosted By Floyd Mayweather Leak
- David Banner Discusses Sacrifices In The Black Community [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
Thriller: Michael Jackson Earned $400 Million Last Year Despite Being Dead Since 2009 was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com