Michael Jackson is still the world’s highest-earning dead celebrity.
Forbes released the information on how Jackson amassed nearly half a billion dollars in income in 2017. Thanks to the sale of his EMI Music Publishing stake along with the Michael Jackson Halloween special, his Mijac Music catalogue, the King of Pop is still creating generational wealth.
John Branca, the Jackson estate’s co-executor said, “You see Charlie Brown Christmas and Charlie Brown Thanksgiving every year, so now we’re looking to have Michael Jackson’s Halloween every year. We hope that it’ll become evergreen.”
Elvis came in at No. 2 with $40 million followed by Arnold Palmer at $35 million, Peanuts’ cartoonist Charles Schulz at no. 4 with $34 million and Bob Marley at no. 5 with $23 million.
The craziest stat? Since Jackson’s ultimately death in 2009, the King of Pop has earned over $2.4 BILLION.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- I Am Carolina’s Black History: LeVon Barnes
- O.D. Excellence: These Teachers Have Officially Won Black History Month
- I Am Carolina’s Black History: Tomika Altman-Lewis
- Happy Birthday Birdman!!!
- Happy Birthday Omarosa!!!
- Colin Kaepernick And Eric Reid Reportedly Win Big In NFL Settlement
- Beyoncé Does The Most & Steve Harvey Has Advice For Mo’Nique: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Mitigating Crohns Disease with Essential Spices
- #StyleCrush: Natasha Ndlovu Is The Fashion Muse You Need In Your Life Right Now
- The Rewind: Lost In The Fire & A Star Is Born
Thriller: Michael Jackson Earned $400 Million Last Year Despite Being Dead Since 2009 was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com