Michael Jackson is still the world’s highest-earning dead celebrity.
Forbes released the information on how Jackson amassed nearly half a billion dollars in income in 2017. Thanks to the sale of his EMI Music Publishing stake along with the Michael Jackson Halloween special, his Mijac Music catalogue, the King of Pop is still creating generational wealth.
John Branca, the Jackson estate’s co-executor said, “You see Charlie Brown Christmas and Charlie Brown Thanksgiving every year, so now we’re looking to have Michael Jackson’s Halloween every year. We hope that it’ll become evergreen.”
Elvis came in at No. 2 with $40 million followed by Arnold Palmer at $35 million, Peanuts’ cartoonist Charles Schulz at no. 4 with $34 million and Bob Marley at no. 5 with $23 million.
The craziest stat? Since Jackson’s ultimately death in 2009, the King of Pop has earned over $2.4 BILLION.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter:
- Will Smith’s Advice To Jaden On His 21st Is Priceless
- Meet the Boss Ladies Behind the First Ever ComplexCon Chicago and ComplexCon Community Week
- Dwight Howard Says He Feel ‘Free’ After Rumors That He Was Gay
- Ava DuVernay’s “When They See Us” Racks Up 16 Emmy Nominations!
- Cardi B Has A New Campaign With Reebok!
- What’s Your Ethnicity?’: Kellyanne ‘Alternative Facts’ Conway Asks A Reporter When Questioned About Trump’s Racism
- Mya: ‘Girls Cruise’ Shows How We Handle Disagreements And Differences As Women
- Yay Or Nay: ‘Girls Trip’ Director Malcolm D. Lee Takes Over ‘Space Jam 2’ From Director Terence Nance
- Could Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) Have Fit On The Door At The End Of Titanic?
- Jharrel Jerome Reacts To Getting His First Emmy Nomination For ‘When They See Us’
Thriller: Michael Jackson Earned $400 Million Last Year Despite Being Dead Since 2009 was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com