In today’s world, our young girls are easily influenced by what is seen in the media; whether it’s on television, in the news or on social media, many of these girls believe what they see. And with that, comes insecurity, making poor decisions or even mental health issues. Latina McIntyre has taken her love for mentoring youth and created a non-profit called the Super Smart Girls Club, which is launching this Saturday at the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Super Smart Girls Club was founded in 2017 and it’s main focus is mentor and motivate young girls ages 2-18 through literacy, which includes learning from their community through different services prjects as well as learning from local leaders, business women and creating a sisterhood among one another. Get more information about the launch in the interview below with J.Belle and Latina.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @1053rnb
- Trailer For Hulu’s ‘Woke’ Series Promises Comedy And Living While Black Scenarios
- Drunk ‘Karen’s Husband’ Claims He’s ‘Not A Racist’ After Calling Bartender The N-Word In Viral Video
- ABC News: Mental Health and COVID-19
- 5 People Arrested In Connection With Pop Smoke’s Murder
- Stop The Stigma: Karamo on Minority Mental Health
[WATCH] Latina McIntyre Takes Her Mentoring Program To Super Heights With Super Smart Girls Club was originally published on praisecharlotte.com