My favorite television show right now is a new romantic drama on the OWN Network called “Love Is_” that airs on Tuesdays at 10 pm each week!
Have you had a chance to check it out yet? Me and my husband watch it on our date nights! I know that sounds a little corny, but, we both love the show because it’s written from such a realistic perspective! It’s produced by Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil, the same husband and wife team that produced “Being Mary Jane,” “The Game,” “Girlfriends” and “Black Lightning!” So, you already know that it’s going to be good!
It’s set in 1990’s Los Angeles and it follows a couple as they chase their Hollywood dreams and fall in love!
Listen below to hear what the leading actors, Michele Weaver and her on-screen love interest, Will Catlett, talk about how doing the show “is a mirror!” I agree! My husband says the same thing about watching it!
Hear how Michele had to deal with some of her own personal issues to be able to fully portray her character, “Nuri!”
They also talk about the joy of working with Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil because they pay homage to the culture and to Truth!
- 4 Ways To Celebrate Juneteenth
- Warner Bros Acquires Long-Awaited Marvin Gaye Biopic ‘What’s Going On’
- Happy Birthday: Here’s Why Takeoff Is The Best & Most Underrated Member of the Migos
- Gary’s Tea: Woman Claims That Carmelo Anthony Is The Father Of Her Twins Amidst LaLa Filing Divorce
- Mariah Carey Is Reminding Everyone That We Still Got To “Wipe It Down”
- Eve Verzuz Trina Went Down Now Swizz Beatz Teases Lil Kim Has Got Next
- What To Watch This Juneteenth: TV Programming For Black Joy
- Here’s where you can celebrate Juneteenth around Charlotte
- Did Mariah Carey Reignite Eminem Beef With Her “Obsessed” Anniversary Tribute?
- La La Anthony Files For Divorce From Carmelo Anthony After 10 Years Of Marriage