My favorite television show right now is a new romantic drama on the OWN Network called “Love Is_” that airs on Tuesdays at 10 pm each week!
Have you had a chance to check it out yet? Me and my husband watch it on our date nights! I know that sounds a little corny, but, we both love the show because it’s written from such a realistic perspective! It’s produced by Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil, the same husband and wife team that produced “Being Mary Jane,” “The Game,” “Girlfriends” and “Black Lightning!” So, you already know that it’s going to be good!
It’s set in 1990’s Los Angeles and it follows a couple as they chase their Hollywood dreams and fall in love!
Listen below to hear what the leading actors, Michele Weaver and her on-screen love interest, Will Catlett, talk about how doing the show “is a mirror!” I agree! My husband says the same thing about watching it!
Hear how Michele had to deal with some of her own personal issues to be able to fully portray her character, “Nuri!”
They also talk about the joy of working with Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil because they pay homage to the culture and to Truth!
- The Case Of Christopher Shaw And His Struggle For Justice After Being Paralyzed By Texas Police
- Virginia Officials, Residents Mad USPS Closed Post Office With Historical Signs For ‘Colored’ Customers
- DameDot Returns & Releases Deluxe Version Of ‘F**k Yo Summer’
- Watch: Angela Means Is Moved To Tears Revisiting Her Iconic Role of Felicia In ‘Friday’
- In Blocking Ron DeSantis-Backed ‘Stop WOKE Act,’ Florida Judge Compares Law To ‘Stranger Things’
- Alabama Republicans Blame Google After Using KKK Photo On Facebook
- Marvin Sapp On The Making Of His Upcoming Biopic “It Was Very Emotional”
- R. Kelly’s Alleged 2002 Sex Tape Victim Finally Testifies In Court
- Mom Suing School Over Cotton Picking Project Spotlights Trend Of Misguided Slavery Related Lessons
- Foes Turn Friends In The Trailer For Season 5 Of Netflix’s ‘Cobra Kai’