My favorite television show right now is a new romantic drama on the OWN Network called “Love Is_” that airs on Tuesdays at 10 pm each week!
Have you had a chance to check it out yet? Me and my husband watch it on our date nights! I know that sounds a little corny, but, we both love the show because it’s written from such a realistic perspective! It’s produced by Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil, the same husband and wife team that produced “Being Mary Jane,” “The Game,” “Girlfriends” and “Black Lightning!” So, you already know that it’s going to be good!
It’s set in 1990’s Los Angeles and it follows a couple as they chase their Hollywood dreams and fall in love!
Listen below to hear what the leading actors, Michele Weaver and her on-screen love interest, Will Catlett, talk about how doing the show “is a mirror!” I agree! My husband says the same thing about watching it!
Hear how Michele had to deal with some of her own personal issues to be able to fully portray her character, “Nuri!”
They also talk about the joy of working with Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil because they pay homage to the culture and to Truth!
- The New York Times/CNN Presidential Debate Is Tonight!
- Handling Business: Lauren London Granted Guardianship Over The Estate of Her & Nipsey Hussle’s Son
- Author Alice Walker Responds To Homophobic Actress Fired From ‘The Color Purple’ Production
- NC Women Caught Running An Elderly Fight Club
- Here’s What We Learned From Cyntoia Brown-Long’s First Post Prison Interview
- #MeToo Founder Tarana Burke Has A Message For Comedians Trying To Return After Sexual Misconduct
- Huggy Lowdown: Kanye’s Sunday Service
- Black Girl Problems: How Do You Handle A Guy Who’s Too Old Or Too Young For You
- Vivica A. Fox Returns To ‘Empire’
- Inside Her Story: The Story Of Black Female Wrestlers In The 1950s, 60s And 70s