My favorite television show right now is a new romantic drama on the OWN Network called “Love Is_” that airs on Tuesdays at 10 pm each week!
Have you had a chance to check it out yet? Me and my husband watch it on our date nights! I know that sounds a little corny, but, we both love the show because it’s written from such a realistic perspective! It’s produced by Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil, the same husband and wife team that produced “Being Mary Jane,” “The Game,” “Girlfriends” and “Black Lightning!” So, you already know that it’s going to be good!
It’s set in 1990’s Los Angeles and it follows a couple as they chase their Hollywood dreams and fall in love!
Listen below to hear what the leading actors, Michele Weaver and her on-screen love interest, Will Catlett, talk about how doing the show “is a mirror!” I agree! My husband says the same thing about watching it!
Hear how Michele had to deal with some of her own personal issues to be able to fully portray her character, “Nuri!”
They also talk about the joy of working with Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil because they pay homage to the culture and to Truth!
- 7 Little Richard Songs That Lead The Way For Rock-N-Roll
- The Great Debates: Best Local Singer [Write-In]
- Faith Evans Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges After Allegedly Attacking Stevie J
- ‘Insecure’ Actor And Houstonian Kendrick Sampson Hit By Rubber Bullets In Los Angeles During George Floyd Protest
- The Great Debates: Best Solo R&B Singer
- J. Cole Attends Fayetteville Protest
- Happy Birthday To CeeLo Green & Remy Ma!
- Report: Derek Chauvin, Ex-Minneapolis Cop At Center Of George Floyd’s Death, Arrested
- MLB’s Felipe Vazquez Hit With More Child Porn Charges, Sent Nudes To Minor, Allegedly
- Atrium Health Mobile Testing Sites In Charlotte Today!