The number1 spot on our list belongs to no one other than the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Popularly referred to as King of Pop, Michael Jackson created history in the world of music with his chart breaking albums.
Jackson changed the world of music like no other with his chartbusters and best-sellers and wrote chapters in the history of music that would long live for centuries to come. He won the hearts of millions worldwide, making him a global figure in the popular culture for almost four decades and his legacy lives to this day even after his death. His distinctive sound and style has been a HUGE influence in all genres of music from hip hop, disco, R&B, pop, and rock… in addition to his dance style. He was the man behind today’s popular dance styles, moonwalk and robot. H has easily been named ‘the most successful entertainer of all time’.
From a very young age he was an artist to be reckoned with. Initially starting as a backup musician, he soon found his way as a lead singer in the family band, the Jackson 5.
He eventually launched his solo career and released his first album in association with Quincy Jones, ‘Off the Wall’ in 1979. The album was a huge hit and the first ever to generate four U.S. top 10 hits.
My favorite song from the album is…
While alive his 8 albums have made sales of over 1 billion units worldwide and earned him well over $750 million in his lifetime, with 5 of his albums gaining world’s best-selling records of all time. ‘Thriller’ has been the biggest selling album with reported sales of over 65 million units.
Continue reading The Best Michael Jackson Videos/Performances of All-Time
The Best Michael Jackson Videos/Performances of All-Time
We pay tribute to “The King of Pop” and musical icon, Michael Jackson, for his contribution to music.
MJ received numerous awards including 31 Guinness World Records, 13 Grammy Awards, Grammy Legend Award and Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, 26 American Music Awards and 18 World Music Awards. He was also inducted in the Hollywood Hall of Fame, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Songwriters hall of Fame and Dance Hall of Fame. Michael’s impact of the world of music will always live on. The King of Pop passed away unexpectedly on June 25, 2009. His sudden death raised a global outburst of grief, rocking the world. He is still celebrated as the King of Pop and the greatest of all time entertainers.
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading 20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson