It’s official. Tom Joyner will no longer play R. Kelly’s music on his syndicated morning show.
During a segment of Inside Her Story, the founder of the #MeToo movement, Tarana Burke, talked about the allegations against R. Kelly and the support he still receives from fans, radio stations and the music industry.
According to Essence Magazine:
“Burke added that fans and supporters have kept the R&B singer “wealthy,” before calling radio hosts, including Joyner, who still play his music.
After Burke told Joyner “we need the Tom Joyner Morning Show to stop supporting R. Kelly,” the radio host vowed, “Okay, you got it. I’ll do that right now. I won’t play anymore R. Kelly music.”
Eleven Places Where Black Women And Girls Just Aren’t Safe
1. Why Can't They Let Us Live?Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Yale University DormsSource: 2 of 13
Source: 3 of 13
Seven cop cars and a HELICOPTER swarmed these Black women simply for checking out of an AirBnB pic.twitter.com/pmPrRwc0yN— NowThis (@nowthisnews) May 8, 2018
4. Waffle HouseSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. In Our CarsSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. The Golf Course
Source: 6 of 13
What started out as a relaxing day at a Pennsylvania golf course turned into an ugly confrontation https://t.co/f6Tg03mu6U— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 25, 2018
7. Pool PartiesSource: 7 of 13
8. In Schools And CollegesSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. In Our HomesSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. Twitter And Other Forms Of Social MediaSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. TrainsSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. The StreetSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Yet, We Gonna Be OKSource:Getty 13 of 13
Tom Joyner Vows To Stop Playing R. Kelly Music On His Show….Do You Agree? was originally published on foxync.com