0 reads Leave a comment
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Oct. 3, 2017) – The City of Charlotte invites Charlotte residents to attend one of six dinner meetings to learn more about city and county services, and to share ideas about what is important to their communities.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Meet & Eat Community Engagement Series consists of drop-in style meetings on six different dates at six different locations during the month of October. City and county leaders are ready to meet with residents, hear their views and work together to shape Charlotte’s future.
Each meeting will be held from 6-8 p.m. Leaders will provide greetings at 6:30 p.m. The first meeting will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 3, at Tom Skyes Recreation Center, 1501 Euclid Ave., in Charlotte. Other dates and locations include:
· Oct. 10, Arbor Glen Recreation Center, 1520 Clanton Road
· Oct. 12, Albemarle Road Recreation Center, 5027 Idlewild Road
· Oct. 17, Elon Recreation Center, 11401 Ardrey Kell Road
· Oct. 24, Sugaw Creek Recreation Center, 943 Sugar Creek Road
· Oct. 30, The Park Church, 6029 Beatties Ford Road
Dinner will be served at each meeting and a children’s activity area will be provided by Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation.
City departments will also be in attendance to share their upcoming work and programs. Citizens can rank these initiatives and provide information on what is most important for their own communities. Departments attending include:
· Charlotte Area Transit System
· Charlotte Communications & Marketing
· Charlotte Department of Transportation
· Charlotte Fire Department
· Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
· Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
· Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services
· Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
· Charlotte Water
· Community Relations
· Economic Development
· Engineering & Property Management
· Housing & Neighborhood Services
· Human Resources
· Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation
· Solid Waste Services
For more information or to RSVP visit charlottenc.gov/meetandeat. Flyer attached.
Also On 105.3 RnB: