The Highway Patrol sent out this press release drivers in preparation for the upcoming storm. The Highway Patrol requests drivers to use caution when traveling throughout several portions of North Carolina. Driving conditions could possibly deteriorate over the weekend, as snowfall is projected to accumulate due to plunging temperatures.
– Leave early – allow more travel time; expect delays.
– Reduce speed – driving at a lower speed enables the ability to stop and allows for greater reaction time if approaching hazards within the roadway.
– Increase distance between vehicles – it takes significantly longer to stop on snow covered or icy roadways.
– Clear all windows on your vehicle prior to travel – having unobstructed vision is vital to avoid running off of the road or becoming involved in a collision.
– Illuminate your vehicles headlamps.
– Use caution on bridges and overpasses as they susceptible to freezing before roadways.
– Avoid using cruise control – cruise control can cause the vehicle’s wheels to continue turning on a slippery surface when speed needs to be decreased.
– Ensure your vehicle has a full tank of gas in the event you are stranded for an extended period of time.
– Charge your cellular phone prior to departure.
– Take a blanket.
– Notify a family member or a friend of your travel plans prior to departure – if you travel is interrupted, someone will know.
Winter Storm Coming To Charlotte
– Be patient – weather also limits first responders and increases response time;
– Attempt to move your vehicle out of the roadway if you are involved in a minor, non-injury traffic collision; especially if you are in a dangerous area such as a curve or a blind hill.
– If you find yourself stranded, stay with your vehicle. Motorists who leave their vehicle attempting to obtain assistance could easily succumb to the freezing temperatures.
To check the status of road conditions, motorists are asked to go to the Department of Transportation’s website at https://www.ncdot.gov/travel/.
Judge Joe Brown’s Accusations of Tina Turner Being a “Witch” and “Pimp” Resurface [LISTEN]
Rickey Smiley’s DM: I’m Growing Feelings For My Engaged Supervisor
Country Singer Jimmie Allen to Sell Mansion Following Rape Lawsuit and Divorce
Church Announcements with Bernice Jenkins: We Need Grown-Faced Little Boys For The Junior Deacon Board
Dionne Warwick Denies Toni Braxton and Mariah Carey as “Icons” [WATCH]
Storms Approaching NC Coast Memorial Weekend
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
You Are The Father!: Father's Day Photo Contest