Beauties, a new hairstyle can make you feel fabulous with just one salon visit. Whether you are a woman with natural or relaxed hair, a weave can provide versatility (no need to cut your own hair or wait for it to grow out).
Currently, we here at HelloBeautiful are loving hair company (and movement) Mayvenn. They offer 100% quality virgin hair in various lengths and textures to over 50,000 women. They empower hairstylists to be their own retailers and provide an additional revenue stream.
Top Mayvenn hairstylist Rosalyn LaFone of Touched by LaFone talked to us about choosing the right weave. If you are going to maintain the same hairstyle for two months, you better like it! Rosalyn begins by saying before you choose your weave, you should think about the message you want to convey. “It all depends on your personality, the style that you are trying to achieve and your day-to-day life,” she says. Are you low maintenance? If so, don’t choose a weave that requires a lot of styling. Rosalyn also encourages to look for versatility: “How many ways can you wear this one style?”
Using Mayvenn hair extensions, Rosalyn shows us three different types of hair that work for the various personalities and lifestyles of our readers!
FOR THE GIRL ON THE GO
Rosalyn suggests straight hair by Mayvenn. But go for the Peruvian if you want a thicker look.
“With straight hair you don’t have to do much to it but comb it and brush it. It’s less maintenance!” Rosalyn assures.
Another benefit of straight hair is that you can create curly and wavy styles, and have a lot of versatility very easily.
FAVORITE MAYVENN HAIR FOR THE GLAM GIRL
“Go big!” Rosalyn suggests. “Curly hair is for the girl that wants to be seen.”
Curly hair is a bit harder to manage, so this is a better option for beauties that are comfortable with a weave. Remember, with a curly or wavy weave you have to brush it daily and braid it at night. Try a deep wave if you want really defined curls, or go for a body wave if you want some Beyoncé-inspired style.
Our Style and Beauty Editor, Danielle James, achieved her #NYFW look using three bundles of Mayvenn Peruvian Loose Wave Ultra Hair 24-inch and an 18-inch loose wave closure. This is a true protective style because none of her hair is out. You can follow all of her New York Fashion Week hair looks here.
FOR THE GIRL GETTING A WEAVE FOR THE FIRST TIME
If you are getting a weave for the first time, go for something you are used to in terms of length. If you hair is shorter, try a 10 or 12-inch hair extension. “I’d go no longer than 14 inches for a first-time weave wearer,” advises Rosalyn. A bob style is an easy first-time style to try, beauties!
Remember: It’s not just putting in a weave, you also must maintain and take care of your hair underneath.
“You have to go back and visit your hairstylist. You have to get it washed, get it treated, get your scalp taken care of,” Rosalyn recommends.
Put oil in your scalp to keep it nutrient-rich and moisturized. Rosalyn’s favorite oil is Taliah Waajid African Healing Oyl (Black Earth Products). “Look for products that are packaged in cone tops,” she adds. “It’s easier for the products to get in between your braids and tracks and directly onto your scalp”.
A weave doesn’t always have to be a “hairy” situation.
Want fabulous hair? Access, Mayvenn, here.
PHOTO CREDIT: Touched By LaFone, HelloBeautiful
ESSENCE FESTIVAL STREETSTYLE: Haute Hair And Statement Style In The Beautiful Bayou
1. STATEMENT SUNNIESSource:Hello Beautiful 1 of 32
2. SOUTHERN STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 2 of 32
3. SMILESource:Hello Beautiful 3 of 32
4. TOP NOTCH WITH THE TOP KNOTSource:Hello Beautiful 4 of 32
5. IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILSSource:Hello Beautiful 5 of 32
6. GIVE 'EM THE COLD SHOULDERSource:Hello Beautiful 6 of 32
7. ERICA ASHSource:Hello Beautiful 7 of 32
8. POP OF COLOR PUM PUM SHORTS!Source:Hello Beautiful 8 of 32
9. FUN WITH FRIENDS!Source:Hello Beautiful 9 of 32
10. COOL COORDINATESSource:Hello Beautiful 10 of 32
11.Source:Hello Beautiful 11 of 32
12. AFROSource:Hello Beautiful 12 of 32
13.Source:Hello Beautiful 13 of 32
14. GO BOLD!Source:Hello Beautiful 14 of 32
15. DENIM DELICATESSource:Hello Beautiful 15 of 32
16.Source:Hello Beautiful 16 of 32
17. BLUE STEELSource:Hello Beautiful 17 of 32
18. PATTERN PARTY!Source:Hello Beautiful 18 of 32
19. STYLIN' IN STRIPES!Source:Hello Beautiful 19 of 32
20. FLASH TATTOOSSource:Hello Beautiful 20 of 32
21. COOL KAFTANSource:Hello Beautiful 21 of 32
22.Source:Hello Beautiful 22 of 32
23. 4TH OF JULY STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 23 of 32
24.Source:Hello Beautiful 24 of 32
25. HIGHLIGHT WITH GRAYSource:Hello Beautiful 25 of 32
26. KEEPING COOLSource:Hello Beautiful 26 of 32
27. BODY ARTSource:Hello Beautiful 27 of 32
28.Source:Hello Beautiful 28 of 32
29.Source:Hello Beautiful 29 of 32
30. GO FOR GLADIATOR STYLESource:Hello Beautiful 30 of 32
31.Source:Hello Beautiful 31 of 32
32.Source:Hello Beautiful 32 of 32
GET THE LOOK: Choose The Right Weave For You With Mayvenn Hair Extensions was originally published on hellobeautiful.com