Ashley Nell Tipton is Project Runway’s season 14 winner. Since winning the show, the plus-size fashion designer continues to break barriers, and now she’s bringing her expertise to JCPenney.
View this post on Instagram
On cloud 9 all day💜 What a dream come true! ✨ One year today I was back in the design studio filming @projectrunway. And today I showcased my first Capsule collection with @jcpenney for Boutique+ in the middle of NYC to kick off fashion week. Full video coming soon!🎥 #jcpenney #hereiam #designerashley
Ashley took over Greenly Square for a New York Fashion Week experience for all! The go-getter presented her collection three times September 7, using well known plus-size models and influencers.
JCPenney had a braid bar, as well as Sephora to provide ladies with a bold lip. There was a photo booth, too! What a way to let the world know #HereIAm!
As Ashley’s collection went down the runway, you saw horizontal stripes, crop tops, fun prints, and color … you know, all the things “big girls” have been falsely told they don’t look good wearing.
Well, beauties, here is a line that refutes that thought profusely.
Ashley spoke exclusively to our Style & Beauty Editor, Danielle James. “I wanted to go against the grain of what people think should be in the plus-size industry. I want to be the person to fill in the gaps and I think I did that with this collection,” she said.
She definitely did.
Speaking with JCPenney CEO Marvin Ellison, he told HelloBeautiful very matter-of-factly, “We are committed to this.”
JCPenney definitely is with Ashley’s collection, which is offered in 500 stores nationwide. The line goes up to a size 24 in stores and 30 online. I love the range of sizes to encompass all plus-size fabulousness.
#TeamBeautiful can’t wait to see what’s in store for her next capsule collection!
You can find the Ashley Nell Tipton’s for Boutique+ on JCPenney.com.
PHOTO CREDIT: Kyle Goldberg/HelloBeautiful
Celebrating Fashion’s Biggest Supermodels
1. Cynthia BaileySource: 1 of 9
2. Jessica White was discovered at age 13 and landed her first job modeling for Vogue.Source: 2 of 9
3. Tyson Beckford is an American fashion model best known for his days on the Ralph Lauren runway.Source: 3 of 9
4. Selita Ebanks is a Cayman born British model and actress best known for her days as a Victoria’s Secret Angel.Source: 4 of 9
5. Kimora Lee Simmons is a former fashion model. She began her career at age 14 with a modeling contract with Chanel.Source: 5 of 9
6. Jourdan Dunn was discovered in 2006 and became the first black woman to walk the Prada runway in 2008.Source: 6 of 9
7. Eva Marcille is a fashion model who is best known for winning the third cycle of America’s Next Top Model.Source: 7 of 9
8. Bre Scullark is signed to Ford models and is known for her time spent on America’s Next Top Model.Source: 8 of 9
9. Chanel ImanSource: 9 of 9
Ashley Nell Tipton’s Capsule Collection For JCPenney Dispells Fat Girl Myths was originally published on hellobeautiful.com