The SXSW keynote of powerhouse women Michelle Obama, Missy Elliott, Diane Warren, Sophia Bush and Queen Latifah was packed with stories, advice and testimonies by some of the most influential and inspirational women in entertainment. The keynote served to raise consciousness and awareness towards the “Let Girls Learn” initiative.
Here are the 10 major keys from the keynote:
10. Michelle Obama reveals what she will miss the most when she leaves the White House are the young people because they keep her inspired. “I see myself in them, in you all,” Michelle Obama says.
9. Chloe and Halle, signed to Beyoncé’s Parkwood Entertainment, opened up the keynote with a few of their songs and we caught the video live on Facebook.
8. Michelle Obama discusses her “Let Girls Learn” initiative and how it’s so important to speak out about girls getting an education. Live video below from our sister station Majic 102.1.
7. Missy Elliott preached and took us to church real quick talking about her artistry and being a walking testimony.
6. The First Lady emphasizes how necessary men are to be involved in the conversation as feminists.
5. Michelle Obama names Stevie Wonder as one of the greatest songwriters on the planet because his songs really talked about love, unity and peace.
10 Major Keys From Michelle Obama’s Keynote at SXSW was originally published on theboxhouston.com
Lionel Richie Blasts Diana Ross for Declining Him: “She’s over there singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Beyoncé”
Jeezy Files For Divorce From TV Host Jeannie Mai
Looking for a job? Radio One Charlotte Job & Recruitment Fair
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
[VIDEO] Tamar Braxton Talks Burglary Caught On Tape “I’m Not Safe Anywhere”
Buy Black Charlotte: Add your Black-Owned Business to the List
Teyana Taylor Announces Separation From Iman Shumpert After 7 Years of Marriage: ‘We Are Still The Best Of Friends’
How To Download The 105.3 RNB App On Your Smartphone