Judge Michael A. Donio dismissed the charges after receiving a dismissal order from prosecutors after Rice completed a pre-trial intervention program.
The program reportedly required him to submit to anger management counseling and check in with a probation officer for one year.
He told the Baltimore Sun in February that he was basically finished with his program, which was set to end May 19.
“I’m actually done in my case. Really, I just have to call the state of New Jersey once a month. After May 19, I’m done. It will be a full year. It will be like a refreshing start. That’s the only little burden that I have. I have until May 19. I don’t have anything to do but call and confirm some things with them that I’m not getting into any trouble. It’s a real basic phone call and they give me another date for the next month.”
Last year, Rice was indefinitely suspended after the video of him knocking out his then-fiancé Janay Palmer. He was later reinstated after his suspension was ruled ‘arbitrary.’
He told the Sun that the move had him feeling like a “free man.”
“This year has gone by really fast. It’s been a year since the incident,” he said at the time. “Once May comes, I’ll be moving into my new house and I’ll sort of feel like a free man by then. You’re back to a fresh slate.”
Domestic Charges Against Ray Rice Dropped: ‘It Will Be Like A Fresh Start’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Steve Smith Sr. Weighs In On Frank Reich’s Firing
How To Download The 105.3 RNB App On Your Smartphone
Diddy’s Former Bodyguard Co-Signs Cassie’s Allegations, Says She Wasn’t The Only One
Join 105.3 RnB Mobile Text Club!
Bank of America Stadium built on demolished Black neighborhood, area of heinous racial lynching
Toni Braxton And Birdman Set The Internet Ablaze With An Adorable Selfie
Turkey Taboos: 10 Things You Should Never Do At Thanksgiving
Naomi Osaka Gets Candid About Her Insecurities With Motherhood