Nationally recognized nutrition expert and published author Keri Glassman is the founder and president of Keri Glassman, Nutritious Life, a nutrition practice based in New York City. For years, Keri has been a leader in advancing a “whole person” approach to health and wellness. She has dedicated her career to creating services and promoting education through her Nutritious Life brand. Keri was also the first registered dietitian to create a real food-based snack bar, KeriBar.
What foods can help boost my metabolism?
Cayenne pepper and Green tea
What is the best way to jump-start weight loss?
Take out all packaged and processed foods. All sugar and added sodium.
What is your take on Quorn products. The meatless & soy free brand?
I am NOT a fan of fake soy! A little bit of real soy ok.
What is the best time to stop eating, before going to bed?
Aim for two hours at least.
How can you gain weight if you are underweight?
Add in calorie sense. Healthy foods like olive oil and nuts and whole grains like brown rice and quinoa.
Is it always the fried food that makes people obese or not exercising?
Combo but food more powerful!
How many Carbohydrates should a woman who needs to lose weight intake?
About 40% of your calories should come from carbs but from things like yogurt, fruit, veggies and small portions of whole grains.
How do I get rid of my belly fat that came with menopause?
Exercise, reduce stress, health fats like avocado and olive oil, and take out all refined carbs!
Any advice on that mid fat at 58, still slender; just gained a belly and I am active because of my job.
Reduce stress!!! Stress associated with belly fat! And take out all refined carbs!
What’s your impression of the app My Fitness Pal?
Great way to track progress!
1. Chrisette Michele - before1 of 36
2. Chrisette Michele - after2 of 36
3. Queen Latifah - before3 of 36
4. Queen Latifah - after4 of 36
5. Tami Roman - before5 of 36
6. Tami Roman - after6 of 36
7. Randy Jackson - before7 of 36
8. Randy Jackson - after8 of 36
9. Paula Patton - before9 of 36
10. Paula Patton - after10 of 36
11. Aretha Franklin, Before11 of 36
12. Aretha Franklin, After12 of 36
13. Jennifer Hudson, Before13 of 36
14. Jennifer Hudson, After14 of 36
15. Anthony Anderson, Before15 of 36
16. Anthony Anderson, After16 of 36
17. Jill Scott, Before17 of 36
18. Jill Scott, After18 of 36
19. Jordin Sparks, Before19 of 36
20. Jordin Sparks, After20 of 36
21. Kyle Massey, Before21 of 36
22. Kyle Massey, After22 of 36
23. Monique, Before23 of 36
24. Monique, After24 of 36
25. Raven Symone, Before25 of 36
26. Raven Symone, After26 of 36
27. Star Jones, Before27 of 36
28. Star Jones, After28 of 36
29. Rev. Al Sharpton, Before29 of 36
30. Rev. Al Sharpton, After30 of 36
31. Al Roker, Before31 of 36
32. Al Roker, After32 of 36
33. Amber Riley, before33 of 36
34. Amber Riley, After34 of 36
35. Janet Jackson, Before35 of 36
36. Janet Jackson, After36 of 36
Getting 2014 Started Off on the Right, Healthy Foot was originally published on blackamericaweb.com