WBTV First Night Charlotte, the alcohol free NYE celebration, traditionally held along Tryon Street moves to Romare Beardon Park this year. The family-friendly event features a daylong celebration for kids and adults. The event features artists, dancers, singers, circus performers, comedians and more. The event starts with McDonald’s First Night Kids from 1-6 p.m. Evening activities are 7-9:30 p.m. followed by a midnight finale featuring headline band, Sol Fusion, performing from 10 p.m.-12:30 a.m. at the main stage.
1-6pm: McDonald’s First Night Kids
Activities will take place on the Church Street side of Romare Bearden Park. Kids can decorate their own crown at Crown Town. The Kids’ countdown will begin at 5:50 p.m.
McDonald’s® First Night Kids entertainment includes:
· The Magic of Glen Yost – one of our area’s finest magicians
· Cara Zara Hoops Entertainer – hula hoop performer, teacher and entertainer
· Caroline Calouche Aerial Artists – contemporary aerial dancers
· Spin Cycle Jugglers
· Steve Langley, The Great Fettucini – professional juggler and entertainer
· Chris Thompson Cultural Ensemble – African dance and drumming
· Ronald McDonald Magic Show
7-9:30 p.m.: WBTV First Night Charlotte evening activities
Activities will be held in and around Romare Bearden Park.
WBTV First Night Charlotte entertainment highlights includes:
· The Kenny Curry Band – singer/songwriter
· Charlotte Comedy Theater – improve and comedy performance
· Charlotte’s own Quentin “Q” Talley – performing selections from “Miles & Coltrane: Blue (.) by: Concrete Generation”
10pm – 12:30 a.m.: Countdown to Midnight, featuring headliner Sol Fusion
Taking place at the main stage, the Queen Charlotte crown will be raised to ring in 2014. Sol Fusion performs until 12:30 a.m.
New Years Eve Celebration Moving To Romare Beardon Park was originally published on praisecharlotte.com