With the holiday season here, safety should be your number one priority.
The Black and Missing Foundation, Inc. has provided a few tips to keep you safe this holiday season:
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Alert a family member or friend of your whereabouts.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other rapid transit.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, “con-artists” may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
Be Vigilant While You Shop: How to Avoid Abductions was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
Steve Smith Sr. Weighs In On Frank Reich’s Firing
Ashanti & Nelly expecting first child together, reports
How To Download The 105.3 RNB App On Your Smartphone
Diddy’s Former Bodyguard Co-Signs Cassie’s Allegations, Says She Wasn’t The Only One
Join 105.3 RnB Mobile Text Club!
Toni Braxton And Birdman Set The Internet Ablaze With An Adorable Selfie
Spooky Delights: Try This Ghoulishly Good Halloween Treat!
Here Are the Top Ten Favorite Halloween Candies