Unfortunately beauties, summer is preparing to exit stage left. With that we welcome a cooler breeze and new fall makeup trends. You can get excited for a fresh twist to the classic smokey eye that’s super chic and perfect for impressing the your main squeeze. Hopefully you’ve read my tips on how not to look like a drunken raccoon when going for the smokey eye.
Depending on how steady your hand is you’ve got two options:
FILL IN THE BLANK: This technique works if you have a liner that is almost identical to the shadow you’re using.
- With the pencil, start by lightly making the outline of the shape you want around your eye, closely lining your bottom lashes and circling up to your brow bone, making sure the line is really straight and seamless.
- Take a fluffy brush and smudge the color slightly.
- Then, take your shadow (it can be cream or powder, just make sure to use a brush) and fill in the outline, patting the color on at the edges to ensure you don’t slip outside the lines.
CLEAN UP CREW: This version also can be used with creams or powder formulas.
- Start by applying the shadow all over your lids, bringing it up to the brow bone and winging it out to the ends of your eyebrows.
- Trace your bottom lashes with the same color using a small shadow brush.
- Take a cotton swab dipped in a tiny bit of makeup remover and simply erase any extra shadow, forming the exact shape you want. The same technique works if any pigment has fallen under your eyes and on the tops of your cheeks.
So are you ready for fall?! I think I am. First things first though. I’ve got to replenish my makeup kit. What’s on your list this fall?
Follow me @gorgeousingrey
6 Steps To The Perfect Smokey Cat-Eye In 8 Minutes was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Lionel Richie Blasts Diana Ross for Declining Him: “She’s over there singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Beyoncé”
Jeezy Files For Divorce From TV Host Jeannie Mai
Looking for a job? Radio One Charlotte Job & Recruitment Fair
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
[VIDEO] Tamar Braxton Talks Burglary Caught On Tape “I’m Not Safe Anywhere”
Dwyane Wade Recounts “Rough Time” Telling Gabrielle Union He Was Having A Child With Another Woman
Buy Black Charlotte: Add your Black-Owned Business to the List
Teyana Taylor Announces Separation From Iman Shumpert After 7 Years of Marriage: ‘We Are Still The Best Of Friends’