Wells Fargo in Charlotte announced it will host a Wells Fargo Community Celebration on Saturday, Oct. 29 in Center City Charlotte. The celebration is a collaboration with the Arts & Science Council (ASC) and Charlotte Center City Partners. Charlotte area residents and visitors will be able to explore the city’s diverse arts, science and history offerings for free during this event. Along with highlight the existing uptown cultural campus institutions, the community celebration will mark the grand opening of the Wells Fargo History Museum in Charlotte.
“The Wells Fargo Community Celebration is a ‘thank you’ to the Charlotte market and a way for us to show our appreciation for the support we’ve received from the community,” said Kendall Alley, Charlotte Community Bank regional president for Wells Fargo. “We are excited to celebrate the completion of the Wachovia Wells Fargo merger and even more excited to have this opportunity to give back to the citizens of Charlotte.”
The Wells Fargo Community Celebration will help mark the conversion of Wachovia signs and banking locations to Wells Fargo in North Carolina. The event will transform Center City Charlotte into a free arts and cultural festival, as well as provide free Saturday admission, underwritten by Wells Fargo, to many of Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s arts, science and history institutions.
“The Wells Fargo Community Celebration …. will provide amazing arts, science and history experiences that will entertain and educate thousands of individuals,” said ASC President Scott Provancher. “Plus, with the opening of the Wells Fargo History Museum, Charlotte’s ‘cultural mile’ along Tryon Street has gained another attraction.”
“This day-long celebration will give our community and region a chance to join together, celebrate and explore those incredible venues as well as explore this new one in the Wells Fargo History Museum,” says Michael Smith, President and CEO of Charlotte Center City Partners.
Wells Fargo Community Celebration event highlights include:
· Free Saturday admission on Saturday, Oct. 29 to Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Discovery Place, Levine Museum of the New South, The Mint Museum, McColl Center for Visual Art, The Light Factory and more.
· Free outdoor concert–artist to be announced.
· Live art demonstrations, including LEGO sculptures and chalk art.
· Free performances by the Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte, Charlotte Symphony Orchestra, Carolina Voices, Charlotte Chamber Music, Charlotte Children Choir, Charlotte Youth Ballet, Children’s Theatre of Charlotte, Maha’s Dances of India, Many Voices, North Carolina Dance Theatre and more.
· Interactive family-friendly activities from area arts and cultural organizations.
For more information about the Wells Fargo Community Celebration (#WFcelebratescommunity), please go to CharlotteCultureGuide.