Arien Agurs is not your average boutique owner. The former finance manager has always had a flair for fashion and style. Today she is the owner of Oomph Boutique, a contemporary woman’s clothing store specializing in exceptional customer service and beautiful clothing and accessories in limited-quantities. “I wanted to offer the women in Charlotte an experience that they couldn’t get at the mall,” said Agurs, who provides style assessments and personal shopping services to her clients. She also allows her customers to have boutique parties. Undeniably, Oomph Boutique caters to ladies who are fashion forward but enjoy it with a twist.
1. How would you describe your style?
Classy yet edgy with a flair. Always a lady.
2. Who would you say inspires your style?
My mom, she’s always been. Her attitude goes with her style.
3. Who is your favorite designer?
Alexander McQueen. I love how he made women look sexy.
4. What accessory do you have to wear every day?
I can’t leave the house without a pair of pumps.
5. What’s your fashion pet peeve?
People overdoing it, being too trendy.
6. What fashion tips would you like to share with others?
You define your fashion. [Don’t allow] magazines to define it. Take chances, make it your own.
7. What’s your favorite color?
8. If you had to describe your style in terms of music, what artists, genre of music etc would you say best describes your style?
Jill Scott because her music is sweet and sassy. Just like her music, there’s a message in a little bit of everything I wear.