Nepherterra Estrada is known throughout the community as the co-owner of Pride Public Relations, but the Milwaukee native and proud Johnson C. Smith University graduate is also a fashion addict who enjoys writing, traveling and working with youth. Below the self-described Bag Lady shares what makes up her “simple, but sassy style.”
1. Who would you say inspires your style?
I have many icons who inspire me when it comes to fashion. But at the moment, Rachel Zoe is my Fairy Godmother of Fashion and my girlfriend Stephanie Calhoun because she is always effortlessly fabulous.
2. Who is your favorite designer?
3. What accessory do you have to wear every day?
It used to be my Movado timepiece until the battery died a few months ago, but I cannot leave the house without some sort of obnoxiously oversized bag. In the words of Erykah Badu, I’m a ‘Bag Lady’!! I can’t help it. I like my bags big. Whether it’s Gucci, Cole Haan or one of Pat’s Say That designs, anyone who knows me knows I like my bags super-sized.
4. What’s your fashion pet peeve?
I really hate to bring this up, but since you asked…My fashion pet peeve is women walking in ill-fitting high heels that lean to the side. That drives me crazy!
5. What fashion tips would you like to share with others?
In the words of Coco Chanel, “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.”
6. What’s your favorite color?
Black. You can never go wrong with black.
7. If you had to describe your style in terms of music, what artists, genre of music etc would you say best describes your style?
Any artist that makes great music, has fun and doesn’t take themselves too seriously.